Sunday, March 7, 2010

28 Weeks and Rounding Third


I'm officially saying sianara to my second trimester and hello to the third! It's funny, all of my pregnancy books congratulate you on getting to this point in pregnancy. One book even compared the third trimester to driving through the state of Texas. I have to admit and agree with many, the second trimester was so far the best (this includes finding out I was already 1/3 of the way through it without knowing, but that's another story). Although you see some light at the end of the tunnel, there are plenty more obstacles you need to experience, so I shouldn't be thinking I'll be getting off easy until May! This week, I think my body wanted to give me a sign that I was for sure in the last trimester by increasing the pain on my lower left back. After some reading and talking to my baby yoga friends, the symptoms sound like sciatica - nerve pain. One way to relieve it is to see a chiropractor. While I'm not thrilled to visit any more doctors in these next 3 months, if it cures my new gangster-looking walk, I'm all for it.


Later this week, Cletus and I are heading back to Colorado for my baby shower!! I'm ridiculously excited to go back home and see my family and friends! I've been really looking forward to this trip for a while now and am grateful that I have so many caring people in my life. Steve will be staying back in Chicago and attending the infamous St. Patty's Day pub crawl. For those of you who will also be attending, please make sure he doesn't lose anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment