Sunday, March 28, 2010

31 Weeks - The Checklist


For anyone who knows me, I am very type-A personality. I create lists for EVERYTHING. In fact, every Sunday morning when I put my grocery list together, I try to organize it in order of the store. First, fruit and produce. Second, cereal and breads (you get the point). I just makes things so much easier! I can be in and out of Jewel in 20 minutes - tops.


Call me creature of habit, but my baby checklist is in an Excel spreadsheet on my laptop. This week, we've checked things off and added some more items. Crib/mattress bought and delivered? Check! Pre-register at hospital? Check! While reading the trusty What To Expect - month 7, it goes into the "Birth Plan". Some of the things in their checklist are so odd, that I couldn't help but laugh. One of the potential items is to make sure you chosen the right lighting and music while delivering. Um..Ok. I think my Birth Plan will consist of a few items: Get to hospital in one piece, have a safe and hopefully painless delivery. Check!


Steve was insistent that we become Costco members before D-Day. The value of being able to purchase diapers in bulk and hopefully save a buck-or-two was reason enough. Each box holds about 258 diapers to his comment "at least they'll last a long time - since babies only go through about 3 diapers a day". Oh my poor husband...
Picture Note: This is not the same picture as last week...Beasley was being entertained by the wildlife Steve feeds on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment