Sunday, April 11, 2010

33 Weeks - Great Expectations


We just completed our first baby class "Great Expectations" through Northwesterns Prentice Hospital. It was a FULL day of baby and labor instruction and, you guessed it, expectations. The instructor was awesome - such a no-nonsense labor and delivery nurse that's been there for 15 years. The class pretty much consisted of her lecturing, little videos, question/answer sessions, etc. I wish they would've video taped the class though - just to see some of the expressions on Steve's face while they were covering different topics through the class. One of the videos was labor and everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know about every phase of labor. During the "pushing" segment, Steve's eyes were super wide and his hands over his gaping mouth. I'm curious as to what he expected labor to be like? I think this was his first time witnessing any type of labor example. For me, I found myself watching his reaction more than the video just because he was so dramatic about it that it was hard not to laugh. Bless his heart. Although his initial reactions were somewhat mind-shocking, I know that when it comes down to it, he's going to be a great coach and the strength I need once d-day arrives.


Our next class is Infant CPR followed by Newborn Basics - which will answer the 'OK, we do what with this thing now' question.


No comments:

Post a Comment