Sunday, April 4, 2010

32 Weeks, 8 Months on Easter Sunday


My sister and I laugh looking back now, but when we were kids, Easter Sunday was not a joyous experience for either of us. We would get woken up before dawn to make sure we were at the Omelette Parlor before 6am (buy one, get one free meal), the off to kids mass. For some reason, every Easter Sunday, we would get into so much trouble that by the time we got to mass, we would be the puffy, red-eyed kids that had been yelled at prior to getting to church (for what reasons, I can't recall). As I've experienced in my adulthood, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so while sitting in mass this morning, I wondered how my Easter Sunday's are going to be after this year. Will my kids be the puffy, red-eyed kids or the one's falling asleep in the pews? I guess we'll see!


So far, the room is coming together! We put the crib together and make it up with the sheets, crib skirt and bumper. It's adorable and I find myself gazing at it in anticipation! All of his little clothes have been washed and put away, along with new blankets that people have given us. This week will consist of another Dr's appointment (I hope they remember the cookies from my last visit) and next Sunday will be the all-day Great Expectations class at Prentice.


We also found out this week that some of our best friends are expecting this fall! I'm not naming names, but we couldn't be happier for them.


Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment