Well, he's here! After a successful C-Section, Mr. Leo has arrived! He came into this world at 7 lbs, 19.25 inches long and a good set of lungs. His delivery worked out great for everyone...Steve was excited that he was born after the closing bell and on a 3 day weekend. For my mom, she was able to book a flight and be out here for his delivery.
We checked into the hospital at 12:30 on Friday, May 28th. While being hooked up to the fetal and contraction monitor, we discovered that I was in labor and that I was having contractions every 1-3 minutes. Since I couldn't eat or drink anything for 7 hours prior to the procedure, I thought those were hunger pains and that a nice burger would cure all. After a few of those contractions, I knew what they were. No matter what, he was coming on the 28th - nice timing Leo!
The procedure went well and we were released from the hospital the following Monday. My parents were in town for the remainder of the week and left this morning. So today is mine and Leo's first day alone. So far, so good. Aunt Jamie gets in this Saturday and we're so looking forward to spending time with her.
The 3 of us are learning new things about each other every day. We know that he likes his little hands, a lot and when you try to swaddle those little things, watch out! He does well with eating (who knew!) and we're getting learning the trials and tribulations of his sleeping patterns.
Over a week has gone by and I can't believe how much he's changed already. He's such a sweet boy and we're so blessed!

We checked into the hospital at 12:30 on Friday, May 28th. While being hooked up to the fetal and contraction monitor, we discovered that I was in labor and that I was having contractions every 1-3 minutes. Since I couldn't eat or drink anything for 7 hours prior to the procedure, I thought those were hunger pains and that a nice burger would cure all. After a few of those contractions, I knew what they were. No matter what, he was coming on the 28th - nice timing Leo!
The procedure went well and we were released from the hospital the following Monday. My parents were in town for the remainder of the week and left this morning. So today is mine and Leo's first day alone. So far, so good. Aunt Jamie gets in this Saturday and we're so looking forward to spending time with her.
The 3 of us are learning new things about each other every day. We know that he likes his little hands, a lot and when you try to swaddle those little things, watch out! He does well with eating (who knew!) and we're getting learning the trials and tribulations of his sleeping patterns.
Over a week has gone by and I can't believe how much he's changed already. He's such a sweet boy and we're so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment