Sunday, June 27, 2010

Month 1 - Zoom Zoom!


Sorry I haven't been able to update anything in the last couple of weeks. Needless to say, I've been busy!! This month has seriously flown by - which I'm guessing will continue to happen. They always say that once you have kids, time goes by faster. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and he's off to college (a Big 10 school, per Steve).



So far, things have been going really well. We've had a few nights where he's up every 2 hours (thank you 3 week growth spurt) which means I get one hour of sleep at a time - who knew breastfeeding takes so long, but other than that, he's such a great baby! We were lucky enough to have my parents out here for a few weeks and my sister out for a week to help out. Not only was everyone a huge help, but it also provided me some adult interaction throughout the day since Steve went back to work shortly after Leo was born. Steve's younger sister has also become quite a big help...she's our babysitter and we've been able to get out, just the 2 of us once already. It's nice to have some family around! Friends also stop by for visits which is awesome so I can continue to have a social life while at home.
He's growing like a little weed and seems to be a different baby every day. Even though it might be gas related, he's smiling a little bit here and there.
We have a busy week coming up. The 1 month checkup in which we'll find out exacly how much weight this little pudge of ours has gained, a possible playdate with baby-yoga friends and we're also planning on going to Michigan for the long weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment