To all of you dedicated followers, I'm sorry for the dry spout in blog entries. I've been busy trying to keep up with my 3 month old. We're in the swing of things and are trying to maintain and find normal balance. I'm back at work and Leo is in daycare full time. The first day we dropped him off was extremely tough - not on Leo, but me. They invited me to the toddler room where everyone else was crying. But now, Steve drops off and I pick up. I think I get the fun time - the "hello! Let's go home!" rather than the "adios, see you tonight". He's doing great in daycare and even received the Most Content Award his first week. Note: this award was taken away from him last Sunday night when we attempted to go out to dinner for my birthday. Leo was NOT a content baby.
We do this 5 days a week and are also going to physical therapy appointments Friday afternoons where Leo gets a good workout on his neck due to his torticollis. The Dr's mention this might be due to him being breached. Another fun side effect! He absolutely hates it and is exhausted by the time we leave.
We are finding, discovering and trying to maintain a routine and schedule. If anyone knows me, this should not be a big surprise. Leo is successfully sleeping through the night and if we let him, will sleep for 12 hours (thank goodness). People say this usually happens with "plumper" babies. So I guess it's not a bad thing for him to be weighing in at 15 lbs.
Steve gave Leo his first bath tonight with my close supervision. Afterwards, I mentioned he's like a slippery turkey so be careful taking him out (thank you Julia for this comparison). Needless to say, that then turned into my job. Steve is doing awesome and Leo loves being around him. Before I leave in the mornings, the two of them are watching CNBC in their PJ's. If they could, I'm sure they would be like that all day.
I'll try to maintain these posts as often as possible. This is what my Saturday nights have turned into. Until next time...
Hang in there scout. New is always an adventure, and not an easy one at that. You're fantastic.
ReplyDelete