I am now 6 months along in this pregnancy (woohoo)! I really feel that this last month, I've "popped". I told a co-worker of mine this last week that I was 6 months along and they had a shocked expression and mentioned "wow! I couldn't even tell". What does that really mean "I couldn't even tell"? Does that mean I look smaller than 6 months? Or that you didn't know I was expecting? I'm guessing since it came from a male co-worker, they thought I had just put on some weight and didn't want to be rude by saying so and felt relieved he didn't have to ask.
Cletus has been an active little fetus this week. He's been so active that at night, he sometimes wakes me up. I think he's trying to give me a preview of what's to come...
Although I'm not near my family during this experience, I've had a great deal of support from my Chicago family. Not once have I felt left out of any activity just because I'm pregnant - in fact, they have been so kind to make sure I don't feel this way. Thinking about it, Cletus has attended a wide variety of events and life experiences already in utero. His first rock concert (thank you Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dudey), his first college football game (thank you Uncle Dan), his first motor boating experience (thank you Aunt Katy) and countless happy hours complemented with cranberry juice. Yes, this life of ours is about to change, but the support of my friends here help me realize that this baby will have plenty of love from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment