Monday, February 22, 2010

26 Weeks - The Babymoon


I had never heard of the term "Babymoon" until I was flipping through an "Oprah" magazine. The official meaning would be "get away before you're life changes F-O-R-E-V-E-R". Although we typically try to break up the brutal winters by heading to Florida for a long weekend, this one had special meaning to us. This would be last trip that we would take - just the two of us. The weather was perfect and the nojitos (aka virgin mojitos) were tasty. As we found out, we weren't the only Babymooners at the hotels we stayed at. We spotted at least 5 other expectant couples enjoying themselves in the sun.


As Steve jokes with me, I read EVERYTHING about what not to do, what not to eat, etc during pregnancy. One of the controversial items is sunbathing. Online, you will get every opinion from the "go ahead" to the "stay in the shade". I decided to stay middle ground. The first day was at the beach, so I rented an umbrella to stay shaded. The second day was at the pool and was nice since the first half was blocked by palm trees (I know, rough life). I did, however, keep myself fairly covered only taking off my wrap around to jump in the pool to cool off.

Needless to say, the 2.5 of us had a great trip! Hopefully we'll be able to go back next year with Cletus in toe.
Picture Note: I think Steve feels left out that I'm the only one who gets their picture taken. I also really hope Cletus and any future offspring inherit my ability to tan nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment