Sunday, December 16, 2012
22 Weeks - Preggers Goes To A Party
This week was our annual work Holiday Party and it lived up to all of its expectations. Great venue, great food and of course, great drinks. That's the great thing about my company - the spare no expense when it comes to booze. This is great when you're not pregnant. This is my second work holiday party sober and it's quite the experience. It starts with everyone looking very prim and proper with sparkly dresses, hair-do's, makeup, high heels and dapper suits. And then everyone (except me) hits the top shelf open bar for 4.5 hours and it's all down hill from there. The language becomes slurred, the dancing starts and the alcohol induced affection takes place. Maybe it was the welcoming dress I was wearing, but the number of times I got a belly rub, you would think they were rubbing the Buddha for good luck. I'm sure Baby Dos enjoyed the shenanigans and is a good introduction to the people he will meet during his lifetime. Now please don't get me wrong, I've been the over served employee and was reminded of my "dancing showdown" from last years party where someone actually asked me if I was paid to be the entertainment. I avoided the dance floor all together this year, except when the CEO decided to bring me on the dance floor during his own dance party post speech, but watch out 2013, I'll still probably be a cheap date. Of course we had a great time and my only complaint was how tired I was the next day rather than how hungover I was. Hope everyone has a great holiday season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment