Sunday, May 2, 2010

36 Weeks, 9 Months In Full Bloom


I have officially arrived to the 9th month of pregnancy!!! It's the kickoff of the countdown. It's funny, I tried to call my mom early Saturday morning to chat when she responds with a text asking if every thing's ok. I'm guessing every phone call or text message I sent will carry the anticipation of "is this it?".


I love being this far long in my pregnancy during this time of year! I feel completely in sync with nature. We walk by the newly hatched geese grazing in the greenlands with their siblings and parent geese. All of the trees are in full bloom along with the flowers. I'm also grateful that it hasn't been too hot and that I'm still comfortable and able to walk about.


We took our last baby preparation class this week - newborn basics. Other than Steve accidentally removing the baby manikan's head during class, it was a good learning experience. I don't know how these things seem to always happen to him, but they do. One new father did ask the instructor if it would be too loud to take a newborn to a Cubs game. I'm thinking upper deck seats to avoid any real danger, but that's just me.


Starting today, I've started to prepare for our journey to the hospital. The umbilical cord blood donation kit arrived and I've purchased pillows for us to take. They recommend bringing 2 pillows that can tossed if soiled. So correction - I bought tossable pillows while Steve picked out a new tempurpedic pillow. He must not have been taking notes during this part of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment