Sunday, May 23, 2010

39 Weeks - Tick Tock!


I'm just going to start off by saying, I am SO glad that I am due any day now. The official temperature outside today is 90 degrees. Talk about holy heat! We walked to breakfast and then to a friends house. I was uncomfortable! God bless all of you expected women who are due later in the summer!


This coming up Thursday will mark week 40 and by no means do I feel any different. For the last 3 appointments, my measurements haven't changed much. I'm starting to resort to spicier food - the spicier the better! A girl at M Burger told me to drink a glass of grape soda every night. Her grandmother who had 11 children of her own swears by it. I guess my meals will be Indian/Mexican food followed by a glass of Welch's grape soda!


My dad arrived late last week in preparation for the baby. It's awesome having him here and will be a huge help after we get home from the hospital. As my dad phrased it earlier, my mom will sweep in on her broom when I go into labor. His words - not mine. At least she is pestering him about any changes with me rather than always contacting me. Oh mama-O.


Congrats to our friends who welcomed their first daughter this past Monday! Any useful first-week advice is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment