Sunday, May 9, 2010

37 Weeks - The Final Countdown


If by chance you read the title of this entry and all you can do is sing the song "The Final Countdown" by Europe, I'm terribly sorry. I, myself, have been singing it all morning too. It's a snappy tune, but one that will you be singing over and over.


37 weeks is considered "full-term" in the pregnancy world. If Leo (notice: I didn't call him Cletus!) were to be born this week, they would not consider him premature! Although, I have no labor feelings whatsoever. In the last 2 appointments, my progress has not yet changed, but as they say, it can happen over a few weeks or a few days, so be prepared!


I'm starting to get text messages from my mom every day as well. Mom - if something were to happen, you would be the second person to know. Honestly.


As of yesterday, we are down to the last 20 days. A friend of mine that I met in prenatal yoga has a scheduled C-section on the 17th. She was mentioning this week, she has a "preparation" day - getting her hair cut, colored and a full manicure/pedicure day! I love it. Too bad waiting for natural birth doesn't provide the same time lines as scheduled ones. I guess I'll need to make sure all of my "maintenance" is taken care of in the next couple of weeks! I'm also trying to take in and go to as many things now as I possibly can. Last week, I saw the play "Avenue Q" (LOVED IT), this week, we're heading to a Cubs game. Not saying that I won't be able to enjoy all of the events that I'm used to, but they just might take a little more planning.


I believe Steve's preparations are also coming along, although, he had a dream that I was in labor and thought to himself "if I just lay here quietly, maybe she'll driver herself to the hospital". I know, lucky me! Hopefully his dreams have very little meaning to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment