As this pregnancy is coming to term and I wait to face motherhood, I start thinking about "the lasts". I reminded Steve that this will be the last weekend we wake up as the sole 2 people in this house. Now you might be thinking how presumptuous I am being by thinking this and that I know this child will be born this week. That's completely untrue - my dad arrives this Thursday to be here when the baby is born. We've been packing so much into these last couple of weeks, just to take in the last little bit of "us" time. From baseball games, happy hours, planting our entire garden and roof deck in a single afternoon, we've overloaded ourselves to make sure we're ready. So much so that almost every night before we go to sleep, Steve makes the following statement: "I really hope you don't go into labor tonight - I'm exhausted." Thanks honey - I'll make sure to tell him to stay in there.
We've also discussed what days we would prefer him NOT to be born. May 21st is option expiration. May 23rd is, well, the 23rd. And May 24th for other reasons. Anytime before or after would be fine though! Due to my slight gambling habit, I'm starting to take wagers on if he will be early, on time or late. Right now, my money's on late.
I look over at my packed hospital bag every night wondering "when". I've never had this open ended, not knowing event to which I've packed for and have no idea when the trip will be. Although, I think it would be fun to sign up for those flight deals where you board a flight and not know where you are going. But then again, that would answer the "when" question and not the "where".
I hope I look as good as you do at 38 weeks :).
ReplyDelete